Warehouse Supervisor Shift
About the job
Warehouse Shift Supervisor
This hands on role will supervise the Warehouse Distribution Department in order to optimise our logistical and Warehouse storage operation. To direct / advise / coach implement improvements within the Warehouse. Monitor against agreed targets and direct/coach/advise actions accordingly. Control warehouse movements on a day-to-day manufacturing basis through to warehouse storage and distribution.
Summary of responsibilities:
Effective contribution to the achievement of the business plan by focusing on key KPI targets, driving accountability and consistently challenging and involving the team to achieve results.
- Review & rotate stock levels by product and advise manufacturing with regard to any physical stock level discrepancies.
- Carry out and control stock counts as per the Newport count procedure, to include full month end stock counts and archive as required.
- Housekeeping responsibility – ensure all Warehouse areas are improved/maintained.
- Maintenance and adherence of Site Hygiene and Quality standards and procedures.
- Control product storage and location and maximise capacity.
- Attend and undertake any relevant training courses, company meetings, and customer visits both during and outside normal working hours.
- Ensure all customer returns are correctly logged with the appropriate documentation history to the Shift Manager/Plant Manager.
- Ensure control of warehouse operation during and outside normal working hours.
- To control overtime and agency costs via the Shift Manager ensuring costs are justified in advance and remain within agreed budget levels.
- To carry out Recruitment & Selection of Warehouse staff to required numbers and within budgeted headcount allocation.
- To control and re-cycle all warehouse waste materials.
- To promote and comply with all Company Quality, Hygiene and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Carry out annual appraisals and reviews with direct reports in line with the appraisal system.
- Monitor and control absence levels within the Warehouse department.
- To improve efficiency within the warehouse.
- To reduce quality complaints – warehouse related.
- Conduct professionally any personal matters that may arise in conjunction with the HR Coordinator these may include, disciplinary, grievance, counselling and equal opportunities procedures.
- Maintenance and adherence of Site Health & Safety standards and procedures.
- Adherence to all company policies, procedures and work instructions as relevant.