Share Job +
About the job
Stress Engineer (12 month FTC to perm)
£up to 55k DOE
Milton Keynes, Northampton, Luton, Buckingham, Oxford, Banbury
Prospero Engineering are seeking an experience Stress Engineer with a significant background in Composites. You will be supporting a busy design office in analysis of structural components. You will be working as part of a highly experienced team where you will be exposed to the latest in FEA analysis and design. Due to customer deadlines, you must be able to work under pressure with a right first time attitude.
- To work on the analysis and development of component design, to make structural recommendations to designers during the development process, and to produce reports for completed work.
- Carry out first-stage sizing calculations to enable early decision making.
- To construct detailed FEA models, featuring composites laminates and high performance metals
- To apply experience of modelling techniques, including linear static, non-linear contact, buckling, normal modes linear and non-linear solvers, following company rules and procedures.
- To be familiar with fatigue failure modes, and experienced in carrying out service life calculations.
- To take ownership of assigned projects: requesting data and consulting with Design Engineers where required to carry out each analysis efficiently, and to escalate where issues and/or risks present themselves.
- To supplement FEA studies with hand calculations and engineering reasoning to explain and validate FEA results.
- To seek opportunities for mass reduction and product optimisation, including performance, manufacturing, cost.
- To ensure all analyses are concluded with a suitable structural report in a pre-determined company format, and to ensure these are complete and signed off.
- To assist the Head of Structures & FEA in meeting the objectives of the design specification.
- To assist with other design issues where requested to do so.
- To maintain and develop good relations with other members of the design team and production personnel. To support the line manager in the implementation of continual improvement initiatives
- Higher education in engineering, design or related discipline
- Proficient in finite element analysis and optimisation of high-performance composite and metallic structures.
- Experienced in analysis for fatigue and defining the service life of high-performance components
- Experienced in carrying out classical stress calculations, using MS Excel.
- Comfortable working in a competitive, fast-paced, engineering environment.
PLEASE NOTE All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Stress Engineer / Structural Analyst / Structural Analyst / Stress Analyst / FEA analyst / FEA Engineer / CAE Engineer / ANSA / ABAQUS / Calculation Engineer / ABAQUS / DYNA