About the job
£24k-£26k + Overtime (5-10hrs p/w) + VAN
Somerset, Devon, Dorset, Cornwall
Prospero Engineering have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Hydraulics Engineer to join an established and market leading engineering firm based in the beautiful Southwest including Somerset, Devon, Dorset, Cornwall
This role is perfect for someone who enjoys problem solving, with each day being different from the last. Whilst this is a Field based role, you will be also expected to provide support within the factory, performing maintenance and repair activities on complex hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies. For field based roles, the company can offer a van and there also is the option of overtime if you wish to work longer days.
- You will be required to carry out repairs of customer equipment and plant within our busy workshops as well as travelling throughout the South West predominately, occasionally working further afield so a driving license is essential
- You will be expected to perform maintenance and breakdown cover to a wide variety of complex hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, along with preventative servicing
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote working to the highest standards as a representative of the company
- To assemble complex hydraulic and pneumatic systems in the workshop and at customer’s premises
- Able to read and follow complex engineering drawings
- To verify and validate complex systems in accordance with the maintenance schedule ensuring correct functional criteria are satisfied before delivery to the customer
- Install and commission complex hydraulic and pneumatic systems at customers premises individually or with colleagues
- Experienced with fault finding, inspection and repair of hydraulic pumps/motors and pneumatic cylinders.
- Manufacture and install pipe work systems
- Attend breakdowns as required. Some overtime and weekend working will be required.
Education and Experience
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel to an intermediate level
- Must have experience of working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 3
- Must have held a UK driving licence for a minimum of three years.
- Ideally will have had 3-5 years’ experience in a similar service role, preferably within an engineering or plant maintenance environment.
Please note, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Service Engineer / Maintenance Engineer / Field Service Engineer