About the job
Warrington, Liverpool, Manchester
Prospero Engineering are looking for a degree qualified Mechanical Design Engineer to join their small but successful engineering consultancy and provide immediate support to the current engineers and designers/draughtsman. We are looking for someone to hit the ground running and therefore a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar discipline is required.
The successful candidate will be expected to produce design verification calculations for pressure vessels, heat exchangers and storage tanks to various codes, including PD5500, ASME VIII Div.1, TEMA, EN.14015 and API.650. They will be confident in preparing and checking manual engineering calculations and have a sound knowledge of additional design by analysis techniques (FEA). Calculations are undertaken using in-house developed and maintained programs (Excel based). We would expect the successful candidate to be comfortable in adopting this approach, and to quickly become proficient in their use, assisting the team to maintain, update and develop where necessary.
• Engineering of Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Storage tanks and other associated equipment.
• Preparation and checking of verification calculations, following relevant Design by Rule and Design by Analysis methodologies.
• Checking and sign off on fabrication drawings produced by company designers/draughtsmen
• Take ownership of design jobs from initial point of contact through to delivery of work package, liaising with the client at all stages as necessary.
• Engineering degree – ideally accredited and working towards Chartered status
• 5 years+ relevant experience in similar discipline
• Good working knowledge of vessel design codes together with associated international standards and directives (PD5500 & ASME VIII Div.1 essential).
• Proficient with hand calculations – high level maths
• Proven experience in Design by Analysis (FEA)
• Proficient with MS Excel (advanced level)
• Practical knowledge of steel fabrication
• Excellent report writing skills
• Experience with structural steel calculations (Eurocode 1 & 3)
• Experience with Autodesk products such as Robot, Simulation Mechanical, AutoCAD
Please note all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Mechanical Engineer / Design calculations / Structural Engineer / Civil Engineer / Chartered Engineer