About the job
Maintenance Engineer CONTRACT (Thursday to Monday)
£up to 40ph DOE
Duration 6 months
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the Maintenance Engineer will be required to provide hands-on technical assistance not exclusively of an electrical nature in the maintenance, installation, commissioning, fault finding and de-commissioning of injection mould machinery.
- Provide rapid technical assistance in the resolution of equipment and plant malfunctions, carry out fault-finding repairs and refurbishments as necessary.
- Develop and refine local operating procedures to maximise efficiency and minimise waste (scrap, re-work and unplanned inspection).
- Develop and maintain process and plant efficiency and utilisation measures to use as a tool for continuous improvement.
- Continuously strive to eliminate and reduce waste of any kind within the manufacturing process, scrap, re-work and consumables.
- Develop and implement planned maintenance of jigs, fixtures, plant and other equipment to minimise efficiency losses to production whilst carefully controlling costs.
- Assist in the integration of new plant and equipment into the production environment.
- Set and strive to improve housekeeping standards through the use of the 5S approach
Experience and Qualifications
- Time served apprenticeship with the relevant C & G Electrical qualification plus 17th edition or relevant engineering degree, HNC or HND.
- Experience of Injection Moulding machines
- Ability to manage projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrable track record of problem solving and Fault finding
- Experience on complex production machinery
- Able to use own initiative to effectively manage and prioritise workload.
- Able to work inclusively in a team environment.
Please note ALL applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Maintenance Engineer / Multiskilled / Multi Skilled / Multi-skilled